CLINIC OPERATIONS DURING COVID-19
Last updated on 3/26/2020
As spring pollen season is here, we recognize it is a confusing time for patients with allergy and asthma
during this COVID-19 crisis. We also understand some treatment is important for our patients and
cannot be interrupted. Therefore, our dedicated team decided to keep our clinic open to provide the
You can schedule a virtual
HIPPA-compliant platform. On March 15, 2020,
Massachusetts issued an
requiring commercial insurers to cover medically necessary telehealth
services in the same manner as in-person services. For example, BCBS and Cignawill cover telehealth for all its
members during this emergency.
To practice social distancing, we ask you:
- Please come alone, except for pediatric patients (1 guardian is allowed).
- Please do not bring siblings, spouse, friend or pets (sorry).
To protect our at-risk patients, please do not come to our office, but do call us if:
- You have a fever in the past 14 days (temp > 100F)
- You have travelled out of state for the past 14 days.
- You have confirmed COVID-19
- You may have contacted a person who might has exposed to COVID-19 or has travelled within the past
When you arrive at our office, we will:
- Ask for travel history and assess symptoms
- Check your temperature at the check-in.
- Sensitize your hands at the front desk, before and after visit (mandatory).
- Provide you with a mask to wear during the entire visit (mandatory).
Additional measures we have been implementing since early March:
- All hard surfaces will be wiped down with bleach every hour on the hour.
- All infusion chairs and exam rooms will be disinfected with bleach every time after use.
- Removal of non-essential items from waiting areas and exam rooms (magazines, toys, books, etc.)
- Supplying ‘one-time-use’ pens at front desks.