Immigration examination overview
- Dr. John Leung is a civil surgeon authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to perform medical exam required for Green Card applicants.
- Most immigration exams are completed after one single visit with few exceptions.
- Medical examination usually takes 30-60 minutes.
- Application is ready for pickup within 5 business days after all the necessary requirements are fulfilled.
- The fee for the medical examination is $180 (money order or cash only).
- The fee does not include the cost of vaccines and lab work**
- Applicants are not obligated to get lab work or vaccines in our clinic.
- You can make an appointment online here
** Fees of lab work and vaccines depend on many factors such as insurances. Staff will not be able to tell you over the phone without knowing the specifics or before the interview. Nevertheless, we do offer one of the lowest fees for immunization and vaccines if you need to pay out of pocket.
How to prepare for the medical examination
Please watch the following video for further information about the I-693 form process at BFAC
Call your insurance to check if they cover some of the labs and vaccines. Below is a list of the most common labs and vaccines required for i693 application. The CPT and diagnostic codes are included below in case required by your insurance.
Most common labs for i693 (Will be obtained at quest diagnostics)
|Lab Test||CPT Code|
|Serum Quantiferon - TB Gold||86480|
|Urine Neisseria gonorrhoeae||87591|
|MMR titer||86735, 86765 and 86762|
Most common vaccines for i693 (Will be obtained at CVS)
|Flu Vaccine (Oct-Mar Only)||90656|
If the insurance company asks you which doctor is ordering these tests, “Dr. Leung, NPI = 144-631-8711” If they say yes, we offer these blood tests at this clinic. You may choose to have your blood drawn here at the clinic. If they say no, you may want to go to your PCP, as they also provide these blood tests. Decide if you wish to do your vaccines at the clinic or at CVS. More information is below. Prior to clinic visit, submit the following documents via fax (877) 726-8492, email (email@example.com) or dropbox upload*:
Prior to clinic visit, submit the following documents via fax (877) 726-8492, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dropbox upload*:
- Complete and sign the form
- Name file "Intake-Last name-First name-Today date "
- Complete page 1 only
- Name file "I693-Last name-First name-Today date "
- Scan valid passport or driver license
- Name the file "ID-Last name-First name-Today date "
- Scan relevant medical records
- Name file "Hx-Last name-First name-Today date "
- Scan Immunization Records
- Name file "Vaccine-Last name-First name-Today date "
- Scan the following Records
- Prior CXR report
- TB drug name, dosages, number of doses given
- Start and end date of treatment
- Name and address of treating physician
- Date and results of most recent sputum culture
- Name file "TB-Last name-First name-Today date "
*If you cannot submit the documents to us prior to the visit "Originals of the documents you submitted for verification purposes " via email, fax or dropbox upload, please at least make photocopies of the required documents and bring them to clinic. There is a surcharge of $1/page of photocopy service at the clinic if you do not have access to a photocopier.