Boston Immigration Medical Examination i693 form
USCIS authorized civil surgeon
USCIS Policy Update
The updated policy, which goes into effect on Nov. 1, 2018, will require applicants to submit a Form I-693 that is signed by a civil surgeon no more than 60 days before filing the underlying application for an immigration benefit. The Form I-693 would remain valid for a two-year period following the date the civil surgeon signed it. Click here for more info.
Immigration examination overview
Dr. John Leung is a civil surgeon authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to perform immigration medical exam.
Top 3 reasons to choose us:
- Accuracy: We strictly adhere to most up-to-date USCIS-issued technical instructions We have the experience. We have processed hundreds of i693 forms a year for years successfully. There is nothing we have not seen. If your form is rejected for any reason (even if it is not our fault), we will amend it free of charge within 2 business days (vaccines and labs are extra if you need any).
- Fast process: Most forms will be ready within 5-10 days
- One-stop-shop: we have in-house laboratory, and we stock all required vaccines. Most immigration exams are completed in a single 60-minute visit.
- Lowest cost: Thanks to high volume and streamlined process, we provide you with the lowest fee in the region: $180 (money order or cash only, extra fees for vaccines/lab) No insurance, no problem. We offer one of the lowest out-of-pocket price for lab and vaccines.
IMPORTANT TIPS: We cannot accept lab results obtained elsewhere prior to your visit, per government guideline. The required labs (gonorrhea, syphilis and TB screening tests) need to be obtained AFTER you see Dr. Leung. Do not obtain these lab works before you come to us. Please watch the following video and follow step 1+2 below prior to scheduling your visit here.
How to prepare for the medical examination
Step 1. Call your insurance:
Below is a list of the most common labs and vaccines required for i693 application, but there may be exception depending on your unique medical conditions. To determine what specific labs and vaccines you need to fulfill your immigration application, Dr. Leung will need to see you in clinic first and do a thorough evaluation. Staff will not be able to tell you over the phone prior to your visit, as the lab and vaccine requirements depend on many factors. However, it does not mean you cannot call your insurance ahead of time to find out if they cover the most common labs and vaccines required. Many insurance policies cover vaccines, but lab work are seldom covered for immigration purposes. Only member themselves can access their insurance coverage policy, so you will need to contact insurance yourself. We offer one of the lowest lab fees in MA if you choose to pay out-of-pocket.
Most common labs for i693
Dr. Leung, NPI = 144-631-8711
|Lab Test||CPT Code|
|Serum QuantiFERON®-TB Gold (for applicants 2 or older, with some exceptions)||86480|
|Serum RPR (for applicants 15 or older, with some exceptions)||86592|
|Urine Neisseria gonorrhoeae RNA, TMA (for applicants 15 or older, with some exceptions)||87591|
|MMR titer||86735, 86765 and 86762|
Most common vaccines required for i693
|Flu Vaccine (Oct-Mar Only)||90656|
If insurance does not cover your lab work or vaccines, we offer one of the lowest out-of-pocket price.
If insurance covers required lab work, you can obtain the lab work in our clinic during your visit, no deposit required.
If insurance covers required vaccine(s), you can obtain the required vaccine(s) at your family doctor's office or local pharmacy with Dr. Leung's prescriptions. You can also obtain the vaccines at Dr. Leung's office if you don't mind paying a deposit for the vaccines. Deposit will be returned to you once your insurance company reimburses us. It often takes 6 or more weeks for insurance companies to process payment and they might deny the claim. We encourage patients to obtain vaccines in the nearby pharmacy to avoid paying deposit whenever possible.
Step 2 Prepare documents:
Bring the original and a copy of the following documents to your appointment
- Intake form (english, spanish, chinese)
- Government-issued photo identification
- Relevant medical records
- Immunization Records
- If you had tuberculosis treatment in the past, we will need your:
- Prior CXR report
- TB drug name, dosages, number of doses given
- Start and end date of treatment
- Name and address of treating physician
- Date and results of most recent sputum culture in the past
Don’t speak English? No problem
- We speak English, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
- Interpretation is free of charge
What to expect after the initial visit
- Your form will be ready for pickup within 5-7 business days after you have fulfilled all the requirements (lab works and vaccinations).
- Express service is available upon request for additional fee.
- Dr. Leung will review the form personally to ensure accuracy.
- We will call you once your form is ready to schedule in-person pick up. A pick-up appointment takes about 30 minutes, as we will verify the form one more time with you and answer all the questions/concerns before giving it to you in a sealed envelope as required.
- A digital copy will be provided to you free of charge. Hard copy is $5 additional charge.
- We will also save a copy of your certified i693 form for 2 years.
We stand by our work
We certify hundreds of i693 forms a year successfully. While we don't anticipate any issues, if our certified i693 form is rejected for ANY reason, we will ammend it free of charge within two (02) business days.